Wall mounted fan is a great option for maintaining air circulation especially in the areas where the placing of a ceiling fan is not possible. It is very effective in small size areas like a pooja room, kitchen, study room, balcony, verandah, et cetera.
Nowadays many homeowners prefer to make fancy false ceilings and many times this leaves very little space below the ceiling. As such it becomes very difficult to place a ceiling fan in such a room. This is where a wall mounted fan comes into play.
The good thing about a wall mounted fan is that it can be placed in any part of your room. It can also be used in a room that has a ceiling fan that does not cover the whole area, like the corners of the room or near the edges of the wall.
Advantages Of Wall Mounted Fan
The wall mounted fans have a lot of advantages and they can be used for both general and specific purposes. Let’s have a look at some of the main advantages of the wall mounted fans.
A wall mounted fan is available in a very handy size and as such, it can be installed anywhere in the room as per your requirement. It is especially very useful for air circulation in the corner areas of the room.
Easy To Install
Wall mounted fans are probably the easiest electrical equipment to install. They can be properly fixed on the wall with the help of a metal hook that supports the weight of the wall mounted fan.
Low Ceiling Area
These fans are the ultimate solutions for air circulation in places that do not have sufficient area below the ceiling. They hang sideways on the wall and they are properly covered, as such, they are pretty safe and easy to use.
The greatest strength of wall fans is that they have zero footprints unlike stand fans and desk fans that take up space on your floor or table. The wall fans are perfect to ventilate areas like a small bedroom office or dining room as they save a lot of space.
Most homeowners use air condition, especially during the summer season. And the wall mounted fan perfectly complements the air circulation in the room along with the cooling of air condition. This is the reason many people prefer to have a wall mounted fan in their room along with A.C.
The wall mounted fan comes with the sweep option but you can also fix its face in one place. This helps you to get air circulation in a particular focus area. This option is not available with a ceiling fan as it circulates air generally all around the room.
The wall mounted fans are very light in weight and they can be easily carried around. This makes them pretty easy to install and use anywhere in the room. And they can also work easily on a very simple two-pin connection.
If you have kids who might play with potentially dangerous appliances in the house then wall fans are a safer option because they are harder to reach. They cannot be knocked over like stand fans and table fans by the kids in your home.
Tips For Buying Wall Mounted Fan
- The wall mounted fan is available in three standard sizes in the market. The sizes are 12 inches, 14 inches, and 16 inches. You can use any of these sizes as per your requirement and the size of the room.
- These wall mounted fans are also available in different RPM which stands for revolutions per minute. A fan with high RPM will have a higher air throwing capacity and it will have a better range of air circulation. But at the same time, it can also make an extra amount of noise as compared to the fan with low RPM.
- Another option that you need to check out while purchasing a wall mounted fan is the sweeping capacity of the fan. The sweeping capacity decides the ability of the wall mounted fan to rotate sideways and cover the whole area. Generally, a fan with a 400 mm sweep capacity will solve the purpose of circulating air in the whole area.
- You also need to decide the wattage of the wall mounted fan that you need to purchase. It decides the amount of energy consumed by the fan. A fan with higher RPM and sweep capacity will have more wattage than a fan with lower RPM and sweep capacity.
- A wall mounted fan can come in options of different numbers of blades in it. There are generally two, three, or four blades in a wall mounted fan. In general, a fan with three blades serves the purpose of air circulation in the best way.
- You should not finalize the wall mounted fan only on the basis of its air-throwing capacity. You first need to analyze the space in your room and the amount of air circulation that it would require. For smaller spaces, even a fan with low RPM will do a very nice job and produce much less noise.
Installation Of Wall Mounted Fan
It is crucial that when you install a wall mounted fan it is in the perfect spot because once a wall fan is mounted you can’t just move it to a different position as easily as a stand fan or a desk fan.
There are two things to especially focus on while installing a wall fan. Its horizontal position across a wall and its vertical position or how high the fan should be from the floor. Let’s have a look at the stepwise installation process of a wall fan.
The first step is to select the perfect spot for the placement of the wall fan on the wall. The placement of the fan should be based on the fan’s horizontal and vertical range in respect to where people will be in the area it is supposed to ventilate.
Analyzing Mounting System
The next step is to understand the mounting system of the wall fan, different models have different mounting holes and mounting plate options. Some may have just one hole instead of two, while others may have a hidden angled mounting plate that you have to screw on the wall first before you can hook or hang the fan later.
Drill Mounting Holes
Once you have finalized the perfect spot for placement and understood the mounting system the next step is to drill the mounting holes. For this just place the mounting plate against the wall and mark the holes setting the fan in the required position. Then remove the mounting plate and drill the holes with the help of a drilling machine.
Securing The Fan
Once you have fixed the mounting hook with the help of screws the next step is to hook the fan by its mounting holes. It is quite an easy task to place and secure the fan in its proper place once the mounting hook has been fixed properly.
The final step after securing the fan is to connect it to a power source. The wall fan generally comes with a two-pin option that you can directly plug into the power source. You can also cut the power cord and connect it directly to any other point.
Wall Mounted Fan Price
The wall mounted fans are not very cheap or inexpensive, they come at a reasonable cost. The price of a wall mounted fan depends on various factors like the brand, RPM, wattage, color, quality, air delivery, and size of the fan.
There are many options of wall mounted fans in the market that can start from about Rs. 1200/- and can go up to Rs. 5000/- per piece. In general, a good quality wall mounted fan with decent RPM and wattage can be bought for about Rs. 1500/- to Rs. 2000/- per piece.