Vastu Tips For Home Entrance – Home entrance holds a very significant place in Vastu shastra as it is considered to be the place from which the exchange of energy either positive or negative takes place.
Your home entrance marks the beginning of your personal space, a place where you live life as per your own rules. The positive energy from the main door or home entrance is directly related to the entire portion of the home.
An entrance door should be positioned in such a way that it can activate the most beneficial energy for your home. Following are some of the best tips that will help you position your home entrance as per Vastu guidelines.
Direction Of The Home Entrance
East Facing Home
The door should be placed in the right half of the wall facing towards the northeast direction.
West Facing Home
The door should be placed in the left half of the wall facing towards the northwest direction.
North Facing Home
The door should be placed in the center of the wall and the windows should be kept in the northeast direction.
South Facing Home
The door should be placed only in the right half of the wall in the southeast direction.
Vastu Tips For Home Entrance – Dos
- The main door of the house should preferably be the largest door of the house.
- The home entrance should always have a bright light and it should be well-lit in the evening too.
- The home entrance should have a beautiful and welcoming design, it should not look dull.
- The main door should be noise-free, it should not make creaky noise while opening or closing.
- The main door must be above ground level and not below in any case.
- The home entrance should be at least a foot away from the corner of the wall.
- A two-shuttered main door opening inside and clockwise is considered auspicious as per Vastu.
- The main door of your house should always open into the house and never open outside.
- Make sure that the home entrance gets sunlight from the left side, this will ensure that no shadows ever fall on your front entrance. Because light is positivity and shadow is negativity and the positive energy of your house should not be blocked by shadows.
- Decorate the entrance with green plants.
Vastu Tips For Home Entrance – Don’ts
- You should not have your home entrance facing directly to another home’s main entrance.
- The home entrance should neither be exact in the center nor at the extreme end of a wall.
- Avoid placing your main door towards a deserted and rundown building as this can create negative vibes.
- Do not have a wall directly in front of the entrance door and instead have a door that opens in the next room.
- Don’t keep shoes in front of the main entrance, keep them at the side.
- Don’t keep garbage or dustbin near the main entrance as they emit negative energy.
- Avoid temples or any other religious place directly in front of the main entrance.
- You should never place a mirror opposite the main door.
- You should not use black color for the main door of your house.
- Avoid underground tanks, septic tanks, etc. under a home’s main door.