You should have a clear understanding of Vastu for compound and boundary wall to construct them in the best possible way. The compound wall is the unit that separates your property from the outside world. In other words, it is the means of marking your space or territory.
The compound wall or boundary wall is a protective layer that safeguards you, your family members, your property, and all other valuable goods and items inside the property. As such, a compound wall is the first thing that many people construct when starting the construction of their house.
As per Vastu Shastra, compound walls on the plot must be there either in case the plot is empty or it has a house or building built on it. Let’s have a look at some of the important factors that decide whether your compound or boundary wall is as per Vastu shastra guidelines or not.
Shape Of Compound Wall As Per Vastu
While constructing the compound or boundary wall you must ensure that the wall shape between two pillars is either square or rectangular. You should avoid using irregular shapes like arch or semicircular.
The square and rectangular shapes are considered best for any plot as per Vastu guidelines. The overall shape of the compound wall will depend on the shape of the plot. As per Vastu guidelines, you should prefer to buy a square or rectangular shape plot.
If your plot is not in square or rectangular shape then you can build a compound wall around the plot by utilizing the maximum plot space. You can also opt for leaving out the irregular area and to construct compound walls in a square or rectangular shape. The rest of the area can be used for planting.
Direction Of Compound Wall
As per Vastu guidelines, the directions of North, Northeast, and East should be less in height and they should allow the sunlight to enter the house to most possible extent. The low elevation of compound wall in these directions helps the morning sun rays to easily enter the house.
The compound wall in the directions of Southeast, South, Southwest, West, and Northwest should be more elevated and closed. The rays from the Sun when it towards the South and West are not good for the health as per Vastu Shastra.
Sunlight consists of harmful infrared rays when the Sun is in the Southern and Western directions. Hence the compound wall should be higher and thicker in comparison to walls in the Southeast, South, Southwest, West, and Northwest as compared to North, Northeast, and East directions.
Height Of The Compound Wall
The height of the compound walls for most homes is generally around 5 to 7 feet. The compound or boundary wall should be high enough to cover the activities of the inhabitants from the outside world. This helps in maintaining the privacy of the home.
The heights of the compound walls and the main gate of the plot should be of similar height. Preferably, the compound walls should neither be higher or lower than the main gate. The main gate or the entrance gate should not be very lower in height as compared to the compound wall.
Important Vastu Tips For Compound Wall
- You should avoid constructing any type of septic tank or underground water tank adjacent to the boundary wall or compound wall.
- Do not locate the main gate or entrance gate in the exact corner of the boundary wall or compound wall.
- Avoid using very dark colors for compound walls especially on the North, Northeast, and East walls of the house.
- You must ensure to repair any cracks on the compound wall or boundary wall on priority.
- Preferably the thickness of the compound wall should be more on the southern and western sides and less on the northern and eastern sides.
- You must ensure to start the construction of the compound wall at the right mahurat by consulting a Vastu expert.
- You can use tiles, textures, and other designs on the compound wall or boundary wall to make it look beautiful and attractive.
- A nameplate of appropriate size can also be fixed on the compound wall or boundary wall near the entrance gate of the house.
- If the plot is north-facing or east-facing do not plant very long or thick trees near the compound walls.
- You can plant big size plants and trees near the compound wall if the plot is west-facing or south-facing.