The east direction is considered as a very favorable direction for the facing of a house as per Vastu principles. And the bathroom is an important part that has to be planned cautiously for making justified use of an east facing house. The east facing house is generally easy to plan as per Vastu principles because most of the elements fall into their appropriate places naturally.
So along with all the other elements of the house, it is also very important to plan positions of the bathroom cautiously. As per Vastu, it is preferable to keep the bathroom and toilet separated. But in today’s scenario, most people don’t have that luxury of space. As such it becomes essential to design your bathroom in such a way that all the elements get placed in proper places.
Best Direction For Bathroom – For East Facing House
As per Vastu principles, the most optimum places for constructing the bathroom in the east facing house are the North-Northwest and West-Northwest portion of your house. Both of these parts are suitable for the flow of water in the house and placing the toilet.
You need not worry if constructing the bathroom is not possible in these parts of your house. Sometimes this situation arises because of space and plan constraints. In this case, you can opt for North-Northeast or East-Northeast part for making the bathroom.
Important Vastu Tips – Bathroom In East Facing House
- The taps and the showers should be in the North, North-Northeast, or East-Northeast direction. Any direction from above could be chosen as per the direction of your bathroom.
- All fire and heat components of the bathroom like a geyser, switchboards, etc should be in the Southeast corner of the bathroom.
- Soaps, shampoo, detergents, and other cleaning materials should be kept in the Northwest corner of your bathroom.
- Washable clothes should also be kept in the Northwest corner of the bathroom. This helps to avoid negative energy.
- The slope of your bathroom should always be towards North or Northeast. This will let the water flow and exit towards these directions, this phenomenon is considered auspicious as per Vastu principles.
- The best direction for the entrance wall of the bathroom is the wall present in the North direction or the East direction.
Things To Avoid – Vastu For Bathroom
- The bathroom should not be placed in the exact Northeast corner of your house. This will lead to a major Vastu defect, as this corner is Ishan Kon, which is meant for holy practices.
- The bathroom of the east facing house should not be placed in the Southeast corner. This corner is the ‘Agnikon’ and the water element will clash with the fire in this direction.
- The Southwest corner is also not suitable for a bathroom in the east facing house. As this corner is associated with the earth element and it should not be mixed with the water element.
- The bathroom should not be placed in any of the exact corners. It should be placed after leaving a certain distance from the corner.
- The bathroom should not be created in the center of the house also. Because this place is the ‘Brahmasthan’ and creating a bathroom in this area can cause many problems.
Placement Of Various Accessories In Bathroom
Let us understand the correct or appropriate place of the various accessories in the bathroom in an east facing house with the help of the following chart.
|S. No.||Accessory||Best Directions|
|3.||Taps & Showers||North, North-Northeast, East-Northeast|
|4.||Wash Basin||North, East, Northeast|