As per Vastu recommendations, the spider plant is one of those beneficial plants that are very suitable for growing indoors. The spider plant has many health benefits that make it a great choice for growing in your home. Owing to its multiple benefits this plant is gaining popularity day by day.
The spider plant is also known by its other names like chlorophytum comosum, airplane plant, St. Bernard’s lily, spider ivy, ribbon plant, and hen and chicken plant. The most typical feature of this plant is its leaves which are long and narrow and generally green in color.
The spider plant has got this name because of its spider-like offsets, plantlets, or baby plants that it produces in numbers. These baby plants are also known as spiderettes, and these spiderettes dangle down from the mother spider plant like the spiders on a web.
Article At A Glance
Best Direction – Spider Plant As Per Vastu
As per Vastu guidelines, the best directions for placing Spider plants are North, East, Northeast, or Northwest directions. These directions are favorable for indoor plants as they receive bright and fresh morning light, which is suitable for their growth.
The spider plant is an amazing air purifier that reduces the harmful elements from the atmosphere of the place in which you place it. Accordingly, you can use this plant to cleanse and purify the negative and dull atmosphere of any particular place in your home.
There are many places in your home in which you can utilize the spider plant for spreading positive energy. You can use it in your living room, kitchen, balcony, study room, etc. Along with home, one can also use it in offices, shops, and other commercial places.
Important Tips – Spider Plant Vastu
- If the plant dries or dies because of any kind of issue, then you should not keep this plant in the home.
- In the winter season, the plant would require an even lesser amount of water than in the summer season.
- The spider plants are quite easy to grow and they do not even require a lot of maintenance.
- You should avoid keeping the spider plant in the South and West directions of the home.
- The spider plant is a symbol of purification and cleansing as it removes negativity and spreads positivity.
- You can keep this plant in the kids’ room or study room of the young children in your home.
Benefits Of Growing Spider Plant
- The spider plant is effective in removing harmful chemicals such as carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and toluene from the air of your home.
- The vibrant yellow and green colors of this plant increase the aesthetic appeal and overall beauty of the whole place.
- Positive energy from this plant can help those who are suffering from psychological health problems like hypertension, insomnia, depression, etc.
- This plant is considered lucky and propitious not only as per Vastu but also as per Feng Shui, as such it is very suitable for a home.
- The spider plant is quite easy to grow and its maintenance is also quite easy. As such, it does not waste any of your precious time.
How To Take Care Of Spider Plant
The spider plant requires bright indirect sunlight as it suits its proper growth. It also enjoys slightly cooler temperatures which are generally maintained indoors. Excessive exposure to direct sunlight may bleach the leaves and burn the plant.
You need to regularly water the spider plant for proper growth of the plant. But you also need to avoid overwatering the plant as it can make the potting soil soggy. This type of soil is not suitable for the growth of the spider plant.
The spider plant does not require much pruning for its proper maintenance. However, you need to remove dry or dead leaves from the plant at regular intervals. This time to time removal of dead leaves is suitable for its proper growth.
This plant does not require many fertilizers for its proper growth. But you can use fertilizers like NPK crystals, as these fertilizers certainly benefit the growth of the plant. You can add 5 to 6 NPK crystals to the pot in a month.