Placement of the mirror as per Vastu principles is very essential for your home. A mirror is an important and essential household item for every home. Mirrors have the capability to have both positive and negative impact on your home.
If you wish to garner maximum positive energy from mirrors you should first place mirrors of the right type in the right place and directions. You can invite wealth and prosperity with the correct usage of mirrors.
You can also decrease the negative energy of an area by placing mirrors correctly. Let’s have a look at some of the important factors that affect mirror Vastu in your home.
Correct Placement Of Mirror
The best directions for placing the mirror in your home are the North, Northeast, and East directions. The basic nature of mirrors is to reflect, they reflect light and all other energy that falls on them.
According to Vastu principles, mirrors should be placed in such a way that they reflect the negative energies out of the house. In our homes, negative energies enter from the South, Southwest, and West directions.
And the universal positive energies and vibrations enter our home from the North, Northeast, and East directions. You should place mirrors in a way that they allow positive energies to flow freely in the house.
When you place the mirrors in the North, Northeast, and East directions they reflect the negative energies from the other directions. And the energy and vibrations from North, Northeast, and East directions freely flow in the house.
Best Direction For Placement Of Mirror
Shape Of Mirror As Per Vastu
As per Vastu principles, rectangular-shaped and square-shaped mirrors are considered propitious. You should avoid using irregularly shaped mirrors such as the oval, elliptical, and round shapes.
|1.||Can you place a mirror in the dining room?||Yes, you can place the mirror in dining room. If placed in the proper place it improves Vastu compliance of dining room.|
|2.||Can you place mirror in the bedroom?||As per Vastu principles, one should avoid placing the mirror in the bedroom. One should especially not place the mirror on the ceiling above the bed.|
|3.||What is the best shape for a mirror?||Rectangular-shaped and square-shaped mirrors are considered best for placing in your home as per Vastu principles.|
|4.||What is correct height for mirror placement?||You should place the mirror at least four to five feet above the floor level, a small or medium-sized mirror can be easily placed at this height.|
|5.||Where can you place mirror in bedroom?||Avoid placing the mirror in your bedroom. If you must, make sure that none of the body parts are reflected into the mirror while sleeping.|
Size Of Mirror According To Vastu
You can choose a mirror of any size as per your liking for setting it in your house. But you must remember that keeping a very big size mirror comes with its share of risks.
Important Vastu Tips For Mirrors
- You should avoid placing two mirrors exactly in front of each other, this is not considered good for the flow of energy in the house.
- Do not place the mirror in such a way that while sleeping your body reflection is visible in the mirror, this may cause health issues in the family.
- One should never place a mirror exactly in the front of the main door of the house, doing this will reflect back the positive vibrations.
- Avoid keeping the mirror in places that are generally dark, mirror should be preferably placed in areas with sufficient light.
- You should replace the mirror that gets old and does not clearly reflect the image. Keeping such a mirror in the home is not auspicious.
- Mirrors should not be placed on the ceiling directly above the bed or even on the headboard of the bed.
- You should avoid using mirrors that do not project a clear image. Also, you should not use odd and irregular shaped mirrors.
- A Full-length mirror should be placed at least two to two and a half feet above the floor level.
- Place the mirror at least four to five feet above the floor level, a small or medium-sized mirror can be easily placed at this height.
- The mirror should always be kept clean and clear so that it can reflect properly. Dirty mirrors are not considered auspicious.
- Children should not sit in front of the mirror while studying. This can lead to problems in focus and concentration while studying.
- You should strictly avoid keeping a broken mirror in the house. If a replacement is not possible you should cover the broken part with sticky paper.