It is very important to understand the Vastu principles related to the main gate or entrance gate of our home. The main gate is the first point of contact of any person with your property. If this place is constructed correctly as per Vastu principles then it can open up the way for positive vibrations and energy into your home.
The main gate can be of several varieties and you may choose the best option depending upon your requirements. But you should definitely make some important decisions like choosing the appropriate material, correct design, shape, and size for the main gate. You also need to decide the proper color and security features in your main gate so that it suits your purpose.
Direction Of Entrance Gate As Per Vastu
The direction or the part of the plot in which you make your main or entrance gate is very crucial as per Vastu principles. The correct direction of the main gate for your plot will depend upon the actual direction facing of your plot. Let us have a look at the best options for the main gate in various directions.
Main Gate For East Facing Plot
The most suitable option for the main gate for an east-facing plot is the Northeast corner of the plot if this is not possible then the main gate may be built in the mid-center i.e. east direction.
Main Gate For North Facing Plot
The most favorable option for the main gate for a north-facing plot is also the Northeast corner of the plot, and if this is not possible then the main gate may be built in the mid-center i.e. north direction.
Main Gate For West Facing Plot
The most suitable option for the main gate for a west-facing plot is the Northwest corner of the plot, you should make the main gate in the southwest part of your plot, it is considered as the least favorable position for the main gate.
Main Gate For South Facing Plot
The most favorable option for the main gate for south facing plot is the Southeast corner of the plot if this is not possible then the main gate may be built in the mid-center i.e. south direction.
Difference Between Main Gate And Main Door
Most of the people have confusion whenever there is a discussion about the Vastu of the entrance gate or main gate. People are generally in a dilemma about what should be considered as the main entrance to the house. Is it the main gate or the main door?
Well, the answer to this question is quite simple. Almost all of the houses are not constructed on the entire part of the plot, some part is left open for parking, garden, lawn, etc. And then the actual building part of the house starts.
So, the door through which we enter the plot area is known as the main gate or the entrance gate, and the door through which we enter the actual building part of the house is known as the main door or the entrance door. Both of them have their own importance and significance in Vastu shastra. Both of these should be in the appropriate direction to align with the positive energy flow in your home.
Color Of Main Gate According To Vastu
Choosing the best color for your main gate is almost as important as choosing the right direction for it. As a general guideline while choosing the color of the main gate you should prefer softer shades like silver, white and blue. You should avoid using very dark colors like black, dark blue, dark red, etc. Let’s have a look at some of the favorable colors for the main gate in various directions as per Vastu.
Most Important Main Gate Vastu Tips
- The main gate or entrance gate should be preferably in a square or rectangular shape, and circular or any other odd shapes should be avoided for making the main gate.
- The material for the main gate can be either wood or metal or a combination of both, as both materials are considered good for constructing the main gate.
- If your house is the only house on a given plot then you should consider Vastu of both the main gate and main door while constructing your home.
- But, if there are multiple houses on a plot like in a building or a society then you should be mainly concerned with the main door Vastu.
- As per Vastu the main gate or entrance gate should always open inside the plot, and it should preferably have two door panels, and they both should be of the same size.
- The main gate should be maintained well at all times so that it does not create any noise while its gates are opened or closed.
- The main gate should be built in such a way that it is at some height from the ground level, this is to be done while the construction at plinth level. The plinth level should be kept at some height from the ground level.
- Main gates made of metals are considered more favorable for main gates located in the southeast, south, west, southwest, and northwest directions of the plot.
- The main gate of your home should be preferable of equal or more height than the boundary wall of the home.
- If there are three doors in the main gate, with two big gates for your cars, and one small gate for normal entrance, then the small gate should open inside the plot in the clockwise direction.
- There should not be any huge obstacles or blockages like a big tree, electric pole, dustbin box, etc. in front of the main gate. There should not be any road junctions or dead-end, exactly in front of the main gate.
- Making symbols related to Hindu culture on the main gate like the sign of Om or Swastik, and rangoli on festive occasions is considered to be very auspicious.
- The main gate should not be at the exact corner of the plot, it should be made by leaving at least one-foot distance from the corner of the plot.
- If the plot has two main gates then both the main gates should not be exactly opposite to each other.
- The main gate area of your house should not be dark and dull, it should be kept well lit so that there is no darkness in that area at night time.
I really like the vastu tips given by you , i thank you and appreciate you …