Understanding the living room Vastu is of utmost importance to maintain the proper balance of energy in your home. Making proper arrangements in the living room as per Vastu can make your living room more positive, welcoming, brighter, elegant, and efficient.
Even a few simple Vastu compliant changes can make a world of difference to the overall feel of the living room whether it is large or small. The living room has its own importance in the home, it is also known by many other names like hall, drawing room, family room, TV room, etc.
It is the room in the house where all the family members spend quality time with each other. It is also the room that welcomes all the guests, friends, relatives, and other visitors who visit the house.
This is the reason all of us want our living room to be attractive and welcoming for family and friends. And, for this along with proper decoration and arrangements, we also need to take care of some important living room Vastu tips.
Best Direction For Living Room As Per Vastu
The Northwest direction is considered very good for making living room in the house. This Northwest direction is associated with the air element that is related to the movement aspect of things. This enables guests to spend quality time at your place and go back to their homes happily.
The other positive directions for making the living room in your home are North, Northeast, East directions. As per Vastu Shastra principles the North, Northeast, and East should always be light and open for proper circulation of positive energy in the home.
If these directions are open then positive energies from these directions freely enter the house and purify the atmosphere of the house. These directions are also favorable for making the living room because generally living room is a large and open room of the house.
Internal Arrangement Of Living Room As Per Vastu
The internal arrangement of furniture and all other elements in the living room should be according to the direction of the living room in the home. is constructed. If the living room is in the North, Northeast, or East direction then it should be more open and spacious.
If the living room is in the South, or Southwest direction then you can place heavy furniture at appropriate places in this room. The head of the family should sit in the Southwest corner of the room facing towards the North, Northeast, or East direction.
If the Living room is in the North or East direction then you should place light color curtains on the windows. This allows the morning sun rays to easily enter the house. If the Living room is in the South direction then you should place thick and dark color curtains on the window to block the strong infrared rays from the Sun.
The placement of the television in the Living room should be in such a way that while watching TV, one should face towards the North, Northeast, or East direction. The face should not be towards the South or West direction while watching TV.
Important Living Room Vastu Tips
- The door of the living room should be in the North or East direction, these directions bring health, wealth, and overall progress.
- One should place happy and pleasant paintings or pictures on the South or Southwest walls of the Living room.
- The slope of the floor and ceiling of the living room should always be towards the North or East direction.
- The living room should have sufficient lighting to keep it bright, do not use dark or dim lights in your living room.
- If you want to place a dining table in the living room, it should be placed in the Northwest direction of the living room.
- Avoid using furniture which is of irregular shape in the living room as it obstructs the flow of positive energy.
- You can place a pooja mandir, water fountain, and aquarium in the Living room if it is in the North, Northeast, or East direction.
- Avoid using sad or negative portraits or pictures that depict negative energy in the living room of your home.
- If you want to put a staircase in the living room it should be in the South, West, or Southwest corner of the living room.
- The living room or living area of your home should always be neat, clean, and clutter-free.
- You should also avoid using a heavy chandelier in the exact center of the living room.
Colors For Living Room As Per Vastu
You should use the light colors like white, cream, light green, pink, yellow, etc. if the living room is located in the North, Northeast, or East direction of the home.
If the living room is located in the South or Southwest direction of the home then you should use light shades of red and brown colors. You should avoid very dark colors and shades for painting the living room.