Microwave ovens do a lot of stuff in your kitchen to save your precious time, they are quick and easy to use, but unfortunately, they don’t clean themselves. And this little appliance can get really dirty if you do not clean it regularly. How to clean a microwave oven?
If you have this question in your mind too, then we have a couple of easy effective ways for you that will let you have a clean microwave with an amazing smell.
Stuff You Need To Clean Microwave Oven
For cleaning your microwave oven effectively and safely you will need some stuff to help you with the cleaning process. You should keep ready the following things before starting the cleaning process –
- A pair of rubber gloves
- Washing detergent
- A metal scour
- A bowl of water
- Multipurpose kitchen spray
- Clean sponge
- Paper towels
- Soft cloth
Clean Microwave Oven With White Vinegar
White vinegar is really helpful in cleaning a lot of stuff, and the microwave oven is also one of them. If you have a filthy microwave oven, all you have to do is pour in your white vinegar in a microwave-safe glass bowl. After that, you have to put this bowl in the microwave oven, and depending upon how filthy your microwave oven is you should keep it there for somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes.
In this time the vinegar will steam up in your microwave and when you open it you shall see how easily that grime that was stuck on the top of the microwave comes off. All you need to do after steaming is take a sponge or a cloth and dab it carefully in the hot white vinegar, now clean all the parts of the microwave oven with a light hand. You may have to rub the sticky areas a little bit, especially the roof of the oven.
Cleaning your microwave this way makes it clean and hygienic, as the steam from the white vinegar not only cleans the microwave oven but it also sanitizes the oven and removes the foul smell, and makes it smell much better.
Lemon Juice For Cleaning Microwave
Fill a microwavable bowl about one-third full with water add a few drops of lemon juice. Now place it in the microwave on full power for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the water boils, the steam from the water will soften dirt and grime. And the lemon juice will remove the foul smell from your microwave.
You can use the multipurpose kitchen spray to spray the inside of the microwave and then wipe with the damp soft cloth. Rinse the cloth in warm water whenever needed, make sure to clean every corner properly, and don’t forget to clean the inside of the door and the door frame. After a thorough cleaning of the inside of the microwave replace the turnstile and glass plate.
Few Important Tips For Cleaning Microwave
1. Before you begin to clean the microwave oven make sure you clear everything from the top or side of the microwave, this will make it easier to clean the microwave. It will be a lot easier for you to see all the spots and you won’t miss any little spots.
2. You should carefully take out all the removable items like the glass plate and the turnstile from the microwave oven and wash them separately in the sink. You can wash them using detergent and warm water, you should scrub them with a metal scour to remove any dried food and then rinse them and let them dry.
3. While cleaning the microwave oven make sure you do not interfere with any of the internal electrical mechanics of the microwave. We are sure you would not want your cleaning process to mess with any of the functional elements of the microwave.
4. While cleaning the outside of the microwave oven you need to pay special attention to the buttons and handles, as these are the places where germs and dirt can get trapped during our daily cooking activities.
5. Instead of keeping your cleaning job pending for later, you can help keep your microwave clean by wiping up any spills the minute they happen with soapy water and a clean cloth or sponge. This will also help you to maintain kitchen hygiene.